January 12, 2014

Mr. & Mrs. DeCeilio 10.19.13 | Dunkirk, NY Wedding Photographer

This wedding was oh so special to me. Emily is the owner/photographer at Expressed Images and though she is 10 years younger than me, was my mentor when I first caught the photography bug. We have become great friends and I was so honored to shoot her big day for her. Needless to say shooting the wedding of a fellow photographer is nerve-wracking, let alone a PREGNANT bride who is also someone you look up to for her work. But she was pretty chill and once I kicked into work mode, it was all good.

I had the amazing Connor Vara, who is Emily's intern, by my side second shooting for me. I loved all of the details of Emily & Derek's day, their rustic theme paired with a superhero theme was really "them" - classy with a bit of nerdy. ;) 

We had so many ideas of these wonderful outdoor locations for her bridal party shots, and the weather just didn't agree. So we made due with the gorgeous setting allowed by the Fredonia Opera House where they had their ceremony. Luckily the rain stopped for just a few moments for the bridal party shot, where I had to use my charm to ask someone to move their vehicle to use the wall. They looked at us like we were crazy but it was all worth it.

The food was great at the Clarion Hotel for her reception and there was photo-booth fun to be had and lots and lots of dancing. I hope you enjoy your peek into their day. 


 









































 







XOXO,
Jenni Starcher
Photography by JenniLee
www.jennileephotos.com

No comments:

Post a Comment