March 17, 2013

Life is short.

 These images are from around Christmas when we went to visit my mother-in-law at the nursing home. I had contemplated on bringing my camera with me several times, worried that it would seem rude or uncomfortable to take pictures of her being sick and in her diminishing health. But I do not regret getting past my own qualms because I see none of that in these images, all I see is the love in our family. The love my husband has for his mom, the love that his dad has for his wife and the love that I have for my mother in law. I will cherish these images always. She is still with us but we never know for how long and I don't want to live with that regret of not doing something.


 Mom and Dad chatting and most likely bickering as usual.

 My handsome hubby.


 She was about to give me heck in the second image ;)
 
Handed the camera over to my husband for a minute and he caught a tender moment.
 
 Showing mom some pictures of Tater, Kevin's deer he got during hunting season and also pictures of family members.

Spending some quality time watching the Bills lose.


Life is too short not to capture memories. You never know how long that loved one is here or when you will see them next, so always take the time to snap a picture.

4 comments:

  1. Love these images. What a treasure!
    My favorite is the black and white:
    "Mom and Dad chatting and most likely bickering as usual."
    A bittersweet moment - the two of them lost in the moment of each other as if no one else was around.
    And the bickering comment reminded me of my folks - loving each other, yet bickering at the same times.
    Definitely a moment to be treasured.

    ReplyDelete
  2. such an awesome reminder to not let things go for granted.....thanks Jenni!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love these, yes life is to short to take moments for granted thanks for the reminder <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember when you took these, but looking through them again, I'm so so glad you got out of your comfort zone to capture them as I'm sure you are too. Love you big.

    ReplyDelete